Liposuction, Tummy Tuck, or Both?
Spring is coming and summer is close behind. If you want a better body this summer, it’s time to start planning. Many of our patients struggle with their middles. If you have loose skin, a little extra fat, or a permanent belly pooch, come see us. We can help you get ready for summer, but you’ll need to start this spring.
My Tummy Needs Help- What Treatments Do I Need?
Often diet and exercise alone aren’t enough to maintain a flat, tight tummy. Pregnancy, aging, weight loss and other factors all take their toll on your mid-section. If hitting the gym and eating right aren’t enough for the lean, sexy stomach you want, it may be time for a little plastic surgery. Liposuction or a tummy tuck could help you to ditch the excess and discover your best belly. Which treatment do you need? Learn a little more about each of your options below.
• Liposuction- Excess fat? Liposuction isn’t a weight loss treatment, but it is an excellent choice for those stubborn pockets of unwanted fat. A small incision is made near the treatment area, a cannula is inserted, and fat is removed using suction. Since fat cells don’t regenerate in adulthood, you’ll experience lasting results. This treatment is ideal for stubborn fat pockets in isolated areas like the tummy, love handles, waist, etc.
• Tummy Tuck- If you have excess skin on the abdomen, a tummy tuck is the way to go. This procedure removes excess skin and fat, tightens abdominal muscles, and restores a flat, tight abdominal appearance. If you want to reverse post-pregnancy changes or have lost a lot of weight, a tummy tuck is probably the procedure you need.
Do I Need Both Liposuction and a Tummy Tuck?
Liposuction and a tummy tuck are effective treatment options on their own, but some patients will need both for the best results. Choose liposuction and a tummy tuck if:
• You have excess fat and loose skin.
• You want the most dramatic abdominal transformation.
• You want to shape and sculpt the entire middle, not just the tummy.
• You’ve lost a lot of weight or have experienced pregnancy related changes to your body.
We can perform both procedures with a single trip to the operating room. Combining treatments is an excellent way to maximize results while minimizing downtime.
Bikini season is on its way. Is your body ready? If you need a little help with your tummy before summer, we’re here. Schedule your consultation with Dr. Mussat today.