From preventative to corrective chiropractic care, our bodies can reap many benefits from a visit to the chiropractor. They can help align our spine, prevent pain, and create unique treatment plans to cater to your needs. Dr. Mussat has compiled the below list that includes five chiropractors in the Chicago area. Next time you’re in need of a visit to the chiropractor, check out one of the chiropractors below!
- Division Chiropractic and Acupuncture houses a team of chiropractors, acupuncturists, and massage therapists dedicated to integrative, holistic approaches to wellness.
- West Loop Spine and Stability is run by Dr. Jodie Kirsch and specializes in correcting and preventing back pain, neck pain, and any extremity pain using chiropractic care.
- Advanced Health South Loop is a state-of-the-art facility that provides the highest level of alternative healthcare services, including chiropractic care and physical therapy.
- Irving Park Chiropractic Center prides itself in the quality care and comprehensive treatments that it provides for its patients with musculoskeletal complaints.
- Lakeshore Chiropractic and Rehabilitation Center made its mission to ensure that its patients feel valued and inspired by their treatment plans to move, eat, and live better.
Sit-ups, planks, and crunches are popular fitness routines that help you achieve a taut stomach effectively. However, it’s not always the case for everyone. If you feel that you’ve exerted all effort to lose the belly bulge without success, don’t give up hope just yet. It may be that stubborn fat and excess skin are to blame for the lack of progress.
They’re difficult to remove but not impossible.
Tummy Tuck Saves the Day
Age, gravity and other factors can affect your chances of achieving a tighter, flatter stomach. When diet and exercise fail, then another great option is to go the surgical route.
Also called abdominoplasty, a tummy tuck is a surgical procedure that can eliminate stubborn fat and excess skin to give you a tauter stomach. Many patients have found it to be an effective treatment to remove the belly bulge and saggy skin. However, many are still confused that a tummy tuck is a means to lose weight.
How Much Can You Lose from A Tummy Tuck?
One question that patients often ask Dr. Mussat is how much weight they can lose if they get a tummy tuck.
To set the record straight, a tummy tuck is a body contouring procedure, and therefore, is not a weight loss treatment.
A tummy tuck does complement with weight goals, though. In other words, it could be your means to an end or the culmination of hard work and diet.
This doesn’t mean, though, that you won’t see any reduction in your weighing scale. You’ll still see a decrease in your weight after the surgery, but not much.
Typically, a tummy tuck will cause you to lose not more than five pounds. That weight is usually from excess skin and fat. If you have massive weight loss, you’ll likely see a drop of about 10 to 15 pounds of excess tissue. For extreme cases, the reduction could be about 30 pounds.
Why Should You Still Get A Tummy Tuck?
Although you won’t see any dramatic drop in the weighing scale, it doesn’t mean it’s a bad option. As mentioned, this will improve your shape and contour. Additionally, researchers have concluded that tummy tuck patients have sustained their weight loss. In fact, many of Dr. Mussat’s patients have also seen tremendous improvement in their goal. One factor that contributed to this is the results they see daily, which motivated them to maintain their healthy and active lifestyle.
Tummy tuck provides amazing results. If you want to achieve a svelte figure, come in to talk to us about abdominoplasty.
Let’s talk tummy troubles. Does your middle need a little help? The abdominal area is a common trouble spot. Aging, pregnancy, and weight loss all take their toll on the tummy, leaving loose skin, stretch marks, and excess fat. Often, the solution is a tummy tuck. Call today and ask us if this treatment could transform your tummy.
You May Need a Tummy Tuck If…
Do you need a tummy tuck? You may be a good candidate if:
• You have loose, stretched out abdominal skin
• You are unable to achieve a flat tummy with diet and exercise alone
• You have abdominal muscle separation
• You have poor skin elasticity
• You want to improve your abdominal appearance
• You are at a stable weight, close to your ideal
• You are in good health
• You are not planning any future pregnancies
Find out if you’re a good candidate by scheduling a personalized consultation with Dr. Mussat. During your consultation, we’ll discuss your goals for surgery, examine your body, and help you decide if a tummy tuck is your best option. If a tummy tuck isn’t the right choice for you, we’ll help you discover other options that meet your needs.
I Need to Lose Weight. Am I a Good Candidate for a Tummy Tuck?
A tummy tuck provides dramatic results, but it isn’t a weight loss treatment. It works best on patients that have already lost weight and are now at a stable weight, near or slightly above their ideal. If you need to lose weight, we can help with that too. We offer medically supervised weight loss to help you get ready for your tummy tuck.
Each patient is different and we offer a variety of weight loss options. We’ll help you choose one that meets your needs and aligns with your goals.
• HCG diets
• The Dukan Diet (physician developed)
• Weight loss prescription medications
By using a physician like Dr. Mussat as part of your weight loss journey you can ensure that you’re taking safe and effective steps to achieve your goals. We know losing weight is difficult and we’ll support you until you achieve success.
Are you unhappy with the appearance of your tummy? A tummy tuck could be the solution. Contact us to schedule your consultation with Dr. Mussat.
Transform your body with plastic surgery. If you’re considering making a change to your appearance, one of the best first steps is a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon like Dr. Mussat. This consultation provides an invaluable opportunity to explore your options, ask questions, and find out if you’re a good candidate for surgery. Take the first step toward a new you by giving us a call today. These tips will help you prepare for your consultation.
Check Your Surgeon’s Qualifications
The success of your plastic surgery procedure largely depends on the skill of your chosen surgeon. As you consider potential plastic surgeons, pay attention to their qualifications. Here are a few things to look for.
- Board Certification– Board certified plastic surgeons have demonstrated their skill, education, and expertise in the field. Dr. Mussat has been board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery since 1999.
- Advanced Training and Education– Look for a surgeon with specialized training and skill. Dr. Mussat has completed multiple fellowships at prestigious universities including a fellowship in Critical Care at the University of New York Health Science Center, a Microvascular Research fellowship at Mount Sinai Medical Center, and a fellowship in Burn Surgery at Cook County Hospital in Chicago. She also completed a Plastic Surgery residency at UIC in Chicago.
- Awards and Honors- Mussat is an award-winning doctor.
- Experience in the Field- Look for a surgeon with extensive experience, especially performing the procedures you’re considering.
- Positive Patient Reviews- Patient reviews can tell you a lot about a potential surgeon. Read some of Mussat’s reviews here.
One thing you shouldn’t focus on is finding the lowest price. When it comes to plastic surgery, quality matters. Focus on experience and skill, not on saving a few hundred dollars.
Do Your Research
Dr. Mussat takes the time to explain every detail of your procedure and to answer all questions you may have, but many patients find it helpful to come to their consultation with a little knowledge about their intended procedure. This makes it easier to communicate with the surgeon, helps you to focus your questions, and makes the consultation a more productive experience for you.
Our website provides an excellent starting point for plastic surgery research. We have detailed information on most of the procedures that we offer including:
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons also offers detailed information about common plastic surgery procedures.
Write Down Questions
As you learn more about your procedure, you’ll likely find that you have some questions. Write them down and bring your list with you to your consultation. During the excitement of a consultation, many patients forget their questions. This list of questions may give you some ideas.
Figure Out What You Want
What does your ideal body look like? Your anatomy may limit the results we’re able to achieve with plastic surgery, but it is a good idea to come to your consultation with a basic idea of what you want. Some patients bring pictures of friends and celebrities to illustrate their ideals.
Gather Your Medical History
During your consultation, we’ll discuss your medical history in depth. Come prepared to talk about other surgical procedures you’ve had, your medical conditions (and those of immediate family members), and the medications you take. Bring a list of any supplements, prescription medications, and over-the-counter medications you use. If you can, bring any relevant medical records.
Call to schedule your consultation with Dr. Mussat today.
Spring is coming and summer is close behind. If you want a better body this summer, it’s time to start planning. Many of our patients struggle with their middles. If you have loose skin, a little extra fat, or a permanent belly pooch, come see us. We can help you get ready for summer, but you’ll need to start this spring.
My Tummy Needs Help- What Treatments Do I Need?
Often diet and exercise alone aren’t enough to maintain a flat, tight tummy. Pregnancy, aging, weight loss and other factors all take their toll on your mid-section. If hitting the gym and eating right aren’t enough for the lean, sexy stomach you want, it may be time for a little plastic surgery. Liposuction or a tummy tuck could help you to ditch the excess and discover your best belly. Which treatment do you need? Learn a little more about each of your options below.
• Liposuction- Excess fat? Liposuction isn’t a weight loss treatment, but it is an excellent choice for those stubborn pockets of unwanted fat. A small incision is made near the treatment area, a cannula is inserted, and fat is removed using suction. Since fat cells don’t regenerate in adulthood, you’ll experience lasting results. This treatment is ideal for stubborn fat pockets in isolated areas like the tummy, love handles, waist, etc.
• Tummy Tuck- If you have excess skin on the abdomen, a tummy tuck is the way to go. This procedure removes excess skin and fat, tightens abdominal muscles, and restores a flat, tight abdominal appearance. If you want to reverse post-pregnancy changes or have lost a lot of weight, a tummy tuck is probably the procedure you need.
Do I Need Both Liposuction and a Tummy Tuck?
Liposuction and a tummy tuck are effective treatment options on their own, but some patients will need both for the best results. Choose liposuction and a tummy tuck if:
• You have excess fat and loose skin.
• You want the most dramatic abdominal transformation.
• You want to shape and sculpt the entire middle, not just the tummy.
• You’ve lost a lot of weight or have experienced pregnancy related changes to your body.
We can perform both procedures with a single trip to the operating room. Combining treatments is an excellent way to maximize results while minimizing downtime.
Bikini season is on its way. Is your body ready? If you need a little help with your tummy before summer, we’re here. Schedule your consultation with Dr. Mussat today.